Daryn L. Cashin, CTC
phone: 973-383-4280 ext 328
Tax Collector Information
The tax office will accept tax payments Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. The Tax Collector's Office is located in room 202 of the Municipal Building.
Municipal Tax Collectors are licensed officials, governed by the New Jersey Division of Local Government and regulated by New Jersey State Statutes. The general duties of the Tax Office is to collect revenues (taxes) to fund local schools, municipalities, and county governments. Specific functions include collection of taxes, generation of tax bills, enforcement through penalties and interest, redemptions, tax sales, and reporting.
Due Dates for Taxes
First Quarter Taxes are due on February 01
Second Quarter Taxes are due on May 01
Third Quarter Taxes are due on August 01
Fourth Quarter Taxes are due on November 01
There is a ten-day grace period. If payment is not received within the first ten days of the due date, interest accrues from the original due date, at the rate of 8% per annum on the first $1500, and 18% per annum on any amount over $1500.
Taxes can be paid by mail
Make check payable to Andover Township and mail to 134 Newton Sparta Road Newton, NJ 07860, Attn: Tax Collector. Please enclose your payment stub. Your canceled check will be your receipt. If you want a receipt other than the canceled check, please enclose your entire bill along with a self addressed stamped envelope.
Taxes can be paid in person at the Municipal Building
If you want a receipt, please bring your entire bill. If you are paying by cash, please bring the exact amount. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM. to 3:30 PM.
There is also a secure payment drop box on a pillar at the front entrance of the municipal building for after hours. (NO CASH PLEASE!!!) The box will be checked both first thing in the morning and at the close of each business day. Please note that payments left after closing will not be credited to your account until our next business day.
Taxes can be paid online
Click here to look up your tax account information and/or to pay your taxes online. Please note that this service charges a fee for online payments. As of March 3, 2022 the fee for all debit and credit card payments is 2.95% of your billed amount. The fee for an e-check is $1.95. Refer to the tax lookup/payment website for details.
Tax Deductions/Property Tax Relief
Tax Deductions at Municipal Level
Contact our office for applications and information.
- Senior citizen (age 65): surviving spouse of a senior or permanently and totally disabled: and your income (excluding social security or government pension) does not exceed $10,000.00, you may be eligible for tax deduction of $250.00 annually.
- Veteran or widow of a veteran: you may be eligible for an annual $250.00 deduction.
- Veteran: permanently and totally disabled during war time while on active duty; may be eligible for a property tax exemption.
Property Tax Relief at State Level
The State of New Jersey currently offers two programs for property tax relief:
- Property Tax Reimbursement Program (PTR). This program reimburses senior citizens (age 65) and disabled persons the difference between the “base” year (which is determined by the date of your initial application) and subsequent tax years. Income limits apply. Information and applications regarding this program may be obtained by calling the Reimbursement Hotline at 877-225-1312, or on the web at:
(Although the PTR is a state program, as a courtesy, we have books available in our office AFTER April 1st for first-time applicants.)
- ANCHOR Benefit Program: Replaces the Homestead rebate program, rebates eligible homeowners and tenants up to $1,500.00; amount will vary depending on household income (the income cap is currently $250,000.00). Previously, the state has been applying the credits directly towards the homeowner’s property taxes due, but will now be making payment by check or direct deposit. Applications are mailed directly to homeowners by the state annually in the fall. For further information, call 888-238-1233, or on the web at: state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/anchor/index.shtml
phone: 973-383-4280 ext 327
office hours: Tuesdays, 5-7 PM
No notices at this time.
FormsForms and Applications page
Andover Township Tax Maps